The cauldron’s been busy this week with some firsts and some favorites.
Here are the firsts:
40 oz lean ground turkey
- Mix the turkey & the meatloaf tomato sauce in a bowl. Let it sit.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off the peppers & scoop out the seeds & membranes.
- Wrap the peppers in pieces of aluminum foil (leave the tops open)
- Stuff the peppers with spoonsful of the meat mixture.
- Put any remaining meat in a labeled ziplock bag in your freezer.
- Place the foil wrapped peppers in the crockpot, put the lid on & let cook on low while you’re at work
Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam
Not sure if this worked or not … time will tell 😉
Bastardized Crust-less Quiche / Make-ahead omelettes / Mom’s damn tired of spending 90 minutes in the kitchen every morning …
1 carton thawed eggbeaters
veggies, seasonings & cheese of choice
- Spray 2 glass 9″ pie pans with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 the carton of eggbeaters into each. Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning (I like Cavender’s All-Purpose Greek Seasoning).
- Sautee veggies of choice in olive oil (I used red pepper, onion, tomato, spinach & garlic for one; mushroom, tomato, spinach & garlic for the other).
- Mix veggies with eggbeaters & seasoning.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- Put a piece of herb or a vegetable in the middle of one pan to distinguish it from the other.
- Cover in foil. Place in fridge overnight.
- Guesstimate that it’s going to take 45 minutes at 350 degrees to cook them & post it on your blog 😉